Looking For More Information?
Whether you are an Educator curious about our programs or a potential partner or donor seeking more insight about what we do and how we do it, you can find more information below in our FAQs.
If you can’t find the answer you are looking for here, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask!
Donor & General FAQs
Donor & Sponsorship Questions
Yes! Absolutely. Build a Biz Kids (AKA BizKids Practical Education ASSN) is a Registered Canadian Charity with the CRA. Every donation will receive a charity tax receipt that you can claim on your next tax return.
Our Charity Number is 76338 0912 RR0001
When you choose to Adopt a School through Build a Biz Kids, we believe that it is your money, so you call the shots!
You can choose to adopt:
- A Specific School
- A School in a City or General Area
- Or a Particular Vulnerable Community.
Let us know your preference and we will work to make it happen.
Once your donation has activated, your Personal Impact Guide Representative will provide you with your Impact Report. This will share with you how many students & Teachers were reached during your adoption year and what programs they launched.
You may also choose to make a “General Donation”. These funds are usually directed towards the innovation of new youth programming or innovations. If you have a project in mind, or would like to fund the development of a program in it’s entirety, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s great! We would love to discuss the programs you are interested in supporting, or developing.
Projects we are currently seeking additional partners/donors for are:
- Kids Stock Market Investing Software Development
- Kids Stock Market Investing Curriculum & Video Development
- Social Media Safety Curriculum Development
- Kids Digital Course Creation Camp Development (In production)
- Financial Literacy Programs
- And More
If you would like to help us develop any of the projects listed, or something else that’s on your mind, let us know by contacting email@example.com
Donations can be made a number of ways. The easiest way is through our donation page. Donations can be made by credit card or direct deposit and no credit card or transaction fees will be taken off by using this service. 100% of what you donate will go towards helping more children gain unstoppable confidence and future-ready skills so they can THRIVE!
Additional methods for donation are by:
- E-transfer – please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheque – please make the cheque out to BizKids Practical Education ASSN and mail to 2206-400 Capilano Rd, Port Moody, BC, V3H 0E1
We have a number of opportunities to collaborate on a sponsorship level, depending on what your budget is and geographic size of the communities you would like to impact.
To sponsor one of our upcoming BizKids Community Events that are hosted annually on a larger scale, visit our Sponsorship Page Here and find the right sponsorship package that works for you.
If you would like additional opportunities for your brand or organization to be seen with the BizKids brand and interact with families and communities more closely, we have a number of programs we can share, such as:
- Becoming a Title Sponsor for the Canadian Future-Ready Education Grant
- Sponsoring a KidTalk event at local schools
- Supporting students from across the province, or country, to participate in regional BizKids community events
- and more
To inquire about these assorted opportunities, please email Leah@BuildaBizKids.com
We love working with passionate people who love what they do and want to contribute to our charity.
Some of the areas we are often seeking volunteers for are:
- Marketing Materials Graphic Designers
- WordPress Website Maintenance & Optimization
- Blog writers (on topics relevant to BizKids)
- Outreach Team to help bring programs to more communities
Bring Build a Biz Kids Programs to Your Area
That’s great! Our mission is to help as many kids as possible prepare for a fast changing world by offering experiential and progressive programming to all communities, and we can’t do it alone.
If you are a Canadian Public School, School District or Non Profit, you can find out more about our Canadian Future-Ready Education Grant Here
If you are located outside of Canada or a For-Profit organization, you can find out more on our Licensing Program Here.
All Build a Biz Kids developed materials, including but not limited to, videos, lesson plans, workbooks and handouts, graphics, slideshows, and software are copyright protected and solely owned by Build a Biz Kids.
If you would like to utilize any of our materials or curriculum, you can learn more about Licensing Our Programs Here.
All resources and materials found on our FREE Resources Page are owned by their original creators and Build a Biz Kids does not stake any claim or rights to these materials. Any use of these materials for commercial, or other purposes, should be discussed by the original creators.
There are a number of ways your child can participate in our programs:
- Bring BizKids Programs to Your Child’s School. Share the Canadian Future-Ready Education Grant Here with your child’s teacher so they can apply and bring these programs to all students in your community.
If your child attends a private school or resides outside of Canada, you can visit our Greater Reach Program to learn more.
- Sign Up For Our Newsletter to be notified when we offer programs directly to the community. This occurs a few times each year and we notify parents through our Newsletter (currently only available in BC, Canada). You can sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page.
- Run BizKids Programs in Your Community. If you are interested in starting a part or full time business that supports children, then you can license BizKids programs and offer them to your community. Learn More Here
Canadian Future-Ready Education Grant FAQs
Canadian Public Schools, Public Libraries, Community and Rec Centres and Registered Non Profit or Charity Organizations who support youth ages 7-13 years are all eligible to apply for the Canadian Future-Ready Education Grant.
Private Schools or Independent Schools that charge a fee to students to attend do not qualify for this grant, however, you may license any of BizKids’ programs directly which will allow you access full programs to run in your school. Learn More Here
For-Profit or non registered non profit organizations do now qualify, however you can license BizKids’ programs directly. Click Here to Learn More
All organizations located outside of Canada do not qualify for this grant but can license programs directly to use in their communities. Click Here to Learn More
If your school or organization is eligible to apply, then the minimum requirements you must meet and agree to for this grant are as follows:
- During the specified timeframe noted on the Grant Application Page:
- Run a minimum of 2 Future-Ready BizKids Programs during
- Have a minimum of 50 students participate in BizKids Programs
- Programs must have minimal to no barriers for students to participate. A student registration fee can be charged but no profit can be earned and the fee must be accessible.
- School/Organization cannot distribute BizKids programming to unauthorized 3rd parties outside of the school/organization without written consent from Build a Biz Kids. All program content is copyright of BizKids Practical Education ASSN.
- Complete an annual survey on program use and reach.
Utilizing BizKids Programming
No, you may not share any of BizKids programs with any 3rd parties who are not employed by the school/organization with which the grant was provided and licenses were issued.
Instead, we would suggest that you share the link to the grant application page and encourage them to apply for the grant on behalf of their own school. This will provide them with their own set of physical materials and up to 10 logins for all of the Teachers at their school.
Sharing materials with non licensed organizations or individuals is strictly prohibited.
BizKids’ programs have been designed to require minimal additional materials and supplies. In order to run programs in your classroom, you will require:
- a computer that can connect to a TV or screen that has audio to play the videos and share the visual materials
- common classroom supplies, such as, pencils, pens, blank paper, crayons and the like, depending on the program
- Access to a photocopier or printer.
- All workbooks and game piece materials are able to be downloaded from BizKids HQ and printed in colour or black and white.
- As we know that printer access can sometimes be limited, we also provide every grant recipient with a full colour, bound and protected lesson plan for each program and a binder with all materials already printed off for easy photocopying
Yes! As long as the volunteer is registered with your organization and has been vetted to safely work with children, as per your local regulations, they are able to access BizKids’ Programs while volunteering with your organization.
Once they have completed their time volunteering as a Facilitator for the program with your organization, they will no longer be able to continue sharing or utilizing the program materials outside of your organization.
While it may have been you who applied for the Canadian Future-Ready Education Grant, it was on behalf of your current school.
Once you transfer schools, we encourage you to reapply on behalf of your new school, if they have not applied already.
If you were the one who originally applied for the grant on behalf of your school and other teachers are also utilizing the programs, we will want to nominate another teacher to be the direct contact for final reporting and annual renewal of your grant.
If you were the one who originally applies for the grant on behalf of your school and no other teachers are utilizing the programs, then you will want to share the programs with other teachers as soon as possible to see if they would like to continue utilizing the programs and be the new point of contact for the grant report and renewals.
Each grant includes up to 10 user logins to BizKids HQ, the digital platform that hosts the program content.
These user logins should only be provided to educators who work for the organization or school that the grant was provided to.
If you require more, than 10 user logins for your school or organization, please reach out to Rebecca@BuildaBizKids.com to request more.
General Grant Questions
Once you have submitted your grant, you will hear back from us within 2-3 weeks with an answer.
If we have additional questions about your application, you will usually hear from us within 1-2 weeks.
The average time it takes to complete the grant application is between 6-8minutes.
The grant application is 2 pages.
The first page of questions is your general school/organization information such as contact names, mailing address and organization type.
The second page will ask how you plan on using the programs and confirming that you agree to the minimum requirements of the grant, as written on the main grant information page.
If the school has given you the authority to complete grant applications on their behalf, then yes, you can fill out the content of the application.
That said, you will still require a staff member, such as a teacher or principal, to be included on the grant application, where specified, as they will be the one responsible for meeting the minimum requirements of the grant and completing the final report each year.
This grant is being brought to you by our incredible network of donors and sponsors. Visit Our Partner Page Here
If your school or organization has been approved for this grant, there is no fee or charge of any kind for accessing these materials and resources.
As long a you school meets the minimum requirements each year and your status as an organization or school has not changed, and you remain eligible, you will never be charged any fees of any kind.
If your school has been approved and you are unsure of who the contact person is for the grant in your school/organization, you can reach out to Rebecca@BuildaBizKids.com and she will be able to help get you set up with a login to BizKids HQ and any other materials you require.
Annual Grant Renewal & Reporting
If approved for this grant, you will be required to complete a short final report.
The final report is designed to help us gain insight into 3 key areas:
- REACH – Understand the reach of the programs in your community, such as, how many students participated, the vulnerable communities supported, and what programs were utilized.
- FEEDBACK – It is important to us that the programs are easy to use, robust and inclusive. As such, you may be asked for feedback and suggestions on ways to improve the programs effectiveness and ease of use.
- ELIGIBILITY – In order for your school/organization to be eligible for grant renewal and continued access to the programs and resources, we will need to ensure that you have met the minimum requirements as stated and agreed to upon applying and confirming acceptance of your grant approval.
No individual student data is collected on the final report. The only questions that will be asked are on the students as a group, such as how many participated and what vulnerable communities were included in that group.
Teacher/Facilitator name and email is used to set up and login into the digital platform (BizKids HQ). You will also be asked what grade or age you teach but no other personal information is required.
Throughout the year, we may reach out to ask if you have any incredible or inspiring student stories that you would like to share. In these scenarios, you may leave the students name as anonymous or use the supplied parent waiver to be able to share pictures, videos and other details. This is completely voluntary and these stories are used to share with a greater community to inspire the next generation of students.
Final reports are sent our between May and June each year and are due by July 31.
Reports will be sent by email to the main contact on the grant application but the report will be gathering data based on all teachers/facilitators who utilized the programs within that schools/organization.
In the event that the minimum requirements are not met during the timeframe that was set out in your grant application and:
- There is a specific reason for not reaching the minimum requirements that will not be a factor in the following grant year, and you would like continued access to the programming and materials, we will reach out to discuss these specific situations with the goal of helping you to remain eligible for the following year so you do not lose any access to BizKids HQ and all future updates to programming.
- You do not foresee being able to meet the minimum requirements the following year as well, then the grant will be terminated and your licenses will expire. The physical materials will need to be returned and access to BizKids HQ will be closed.
- However, you can reapply again in the future once you feel you will be able to reach the minimum requirements.
- If there is anything we can do to help support you in reaching the minimum requirements for this grant, we will do our best to help in this way.
- You do not complete the final report and we are unable to verify if you have met the minimum requirements, and attempts to communicate with the grant applicant(s) have failed, access to BizKids HQ will be lost, licenses will be terminated and a letter to destroy all physical copyright materials will be sent.
- Failure to destroy all program materials and the continued use of the copyright protected materials without an active license will result in a breech of license and further legal action will be taken.